There are also unbalanced, balanced, and overbalanced setups that must be taken into consideration.
- Unbalanced setups supply a slightly lower intermediate pressure as the tank empties
- Balanced setups supply the same intermediate pressure regardless of tank pressure
- Overbalanced setups allow more air out the first stage at depth giving you better breathing performance, regardless of depth. Like balanced regulators, overbalanced regulators will not decrease in performance as your tank pressure decreases but will give you excellent performance pretty much up the moment your tank runs out.
So what’s the deal with regulators. How do you know which one is the right fit for you? We have a number of options that will work well for any situation.
We primarily sell Aqua Lung regulators since they:
- Are built for new and experienced divers and a range of diving conditions
- Qualify for free parts for life!
- Use parts that are common to other Aqua Lung models for easier servicing
- All regulators use a Comfortable-Bite mouthpiece that greatly reduce jaw fatigue